Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Panasonic GH2 (AVCHD) footage be imported into FCE?

I have a panasonic gh2 dslr and i am having problems trying to log and transfer the clips i have on the camera to Final Cut Express. I realize that i need a converter of some kind to change the file type to AIC but i cant find any programs that can do it. Are there any free programs that can help? Also any general advice on this subject would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 6:10 PM

I am not sure if the GH2 records in some Panasonic variant of AVCHD that may need to be transcoded by 3rd party software but first:

Make sure your copy of FCE has been updated to 4.0.1

Open Log and Transfer, and click on the preference gear in the upper center of the window, choose Preferences:

User uploaded file

Then set the AVCHD audio to Plain Stereo:

User uploaded file

Also, you should verify your camera storage card only has one kind of video on it, Log and Transfer has been known to act erratically if the storage device has SD and HD video or Video and Still Images on it.

If all this gets you nowhere then you may want to look at Clipwrap:

http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap/

which will allow you to transcode the footage to AIC. I believe they have a free trial offer.

If Clipwrap does not work, you may have a corrupted storage card.

MtD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2012 6:10 PM in response to clancash

I am not sure if the GH2 records in some Panasonic variant of AVCHD that may need to be transcoded by 3rd party software but first:

Make sure your copy of FCE has been updated to 4.0.1

Open Log and Transfer, and click on the preference gear in the upper center of the window, choose Preferences:

User uploaded file

Then set the AVCHD audio to Plain Stereo:

User uploaded file

Also, you should verify your camera storage card only has one kind of video on it, Log and Transfer has been known to act erratically if the storage device has SD and HD video or Video and Still Images on it.

If all this gets you nowhere then you may want to look at Clipwrap:

http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap/

which will allow you to transcode the footage to AIC. I believe they have a free trial offer.

If Clipwrap does not work, you may have a corrupted storage card.

MtD

Can Panasonic GH2 (AVCHD) footage be imported into FCE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.