Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Translation To Mac

Any idea how this process could be performed on a mac? I know Activity Monitor gives some info about the processes that are running, but I don't see any form of a command line like Windows has. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

================================================================================ ==========

Open Process Explorer and find the process for the game - it should be javaw.exe or java.exe - and right-click it, then select Properties.

Select and copy the contents of the Command line box - most of it is probably off-screen, but you can use the Select All option in the right-click menu.

Open Notepad and paste it all there, add "start " at the begining (without the quotes), and a new line (Enter) at the end. (just type start, press space, press Ctrl-V, press Enter)

Save it as "SK.cmd" in your game folder - make sure Notepad didn't add a TXT extension, rename if necessary.

Finally, make a shortcut to this file on your Desktop or wherever you wish and try it out.

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 10:03 PM

Sounds kind of bogus to me, but here goes...

First off, Mac OS X has a command line interface. Try /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

Once in there you can use ps to get a list of processes. You'll probably need a couple of switches to show all the details of all the processes... -axwww should get you going:

ps -axwww

You'll need to work through the output to find the Java process in question. Hopefully it'll be obvious, since there may be other Java processes running. You can also use something like grep to filter the output:

ps -axwww | grep -i java

Once you've found it you can copy the full command line to a .command file to make it double-clickable.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2012 10:03 PM in response to thesoulshereaps

Sounds kind of bogus to me, but here goes...

First off, Mac OS X has a command line interface. Try /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

Once in there you can use ps to get a list of processes. You'll probably need a couple of switches to show all the details of all the processes... -axwww should get you going:

ps -axwww

You'll need to work through the output to find the Java process in question. Hopefully it'll be obvious, since there may be other Java processes running. You can also use something like grep to filter the output:

ps -axwww | grep -i java

Once you've found it you can copy the full command line to a .command file to make it double-clickable.

Jul 28, 2012 9:56 AM in response to Camelot

I found the process using that command, and created a command file out of it. When I execute the shell though, it doesn't launch the game. This has been a three day brainkiller, hah.

Here's what I got:

/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -classpath /Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/config.jar:/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/projectx-config.jar:/Applications/Sp iral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/projectx-pcode.jar:/Applications/Spi ral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/lwjgl.jar:/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/lwjgl_util.jar:/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/jinput.jar:/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/jutils.jar:/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/jshortcut.jar:/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/commons-beanutils.jar:/Applications/ Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/commons-digester.jar:/Applications/S piral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./code/commons-logging.jar -Xdock:icon=/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./rsrc/ui/icon/desktop.icns -Xdock:name=Spiral Knights -Dcom.threerings.getdown=true -Xmx256M -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10 -Djava.library.path=/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./native -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dappdir=/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/. -Dresource_dir=/Applications/Spiral Knights.app/Contents/Resources/Java/./rsrc -Dkongregate=true -DkongregateName=XXX -DkongregateId=XXX -DkongregateAuthToken=XXX -Xmx512M com.threerings.projectx.client.ProjectXApp

It contains all of my correct info, but even typing "start" without quotes at the beginning of the command file, and pasting that info doesn't launch the game. I tried placing the files in multiple locations within the game as well, but no dice. Any other ideas on how I can get this working?

Right now I'm sifting through the Java class files trying to find out where it inserts this info according to the Developer's readme they included with the launch portion of the game.

# Parameters passed to the JVM (Java Virtual Machine)

jvmarg = [mac os x-x86_64] -d32

jvmarg = -Xmx256M

jvmarg = -XX:+AggressiveOpts

jvmarg = -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10

# jvmarg = -XX:ErrorFile=%APPDIR%/hs_err.log

jvmarg = -Djava.library.path=%APPDIR%/native

jvmarg = -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true

jvmarg = -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

jvmarg = -Dappdir=%APPDIR%

jvmarg = -Dresource_dir=%APPDIR%/rsrc

I'm assuming I couldn't just add that code into the .plist since that contains the launch parameters for the game?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<string>Spiral Knights</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>1.0</string>

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>

<string>spiral 20120725221629</string>

<key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key>

<string>false</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>JavaApplicationStub</string>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>APPL</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>

<string>desktop.icns</string>

<key>Java</key>

<dict>

<key>MainClass</key>

<string>com.threerings.getdown.launcher.Getdown</string>

<key>JVMVersion</key>

<string>1.5+</string>

<key>ClassPath</key>

<array>

<string>$JAVAROOT/getdown-pro.jar</string>

</array>

<key>VMOptions</key>

<string>-Dappdir=.</string>

<key>WorkingDirectory</key>

<string>$APP_PACKAGE/Contents/Resources/Java</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Windows Translation To Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.