7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 8:26 AM by léonie
ibid Level 1 (0 points)

I just upgraded to 3.3.2 and when I try to import raw (ORF) files from my OM-D E-M5, I get a pop-up listing each of the files as having failed to import. In addition, in the Import window I am not seeing thumbnails of each file -- just a generic "ORF" Icon.

Aperture seems to have forgotten how to deal with these files.

Anyone seen this and have a suggestion on how to fix? Or has anyone been able to successfully import these files into 3.3.2?

I am running Mac OS 10.7.4 on a MBP.

• léonie Level 10 (91,019 points)

Check the version of the Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update that is installed. Your camera should be supported by update 3.13: The version of the raw support is shown in the About panel: from the main menu bar:

Aperture > About Aperture

Supported by Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.13

Canon EOS-1D X

Nikon D800E

Nikon D3200

Olympus OM-D E-M5

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GF5

Sony Alpha SLT-A57

Download the latest from here:

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.14

If you have the latest raw support installed, but Aperture does not recognize the format, try to register the raw support for your camera with the launch services db, see this post by Alan Roseman:

Re: Aperture 3 preview of raw file greenish

But also read the following post, that explain how this is supposed to work and to correct the typo in the command

In short: Quit Aperture, open the terminal, paste the  follwing text in (all in one single line) and hit return; then reboot the system.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchSe rvices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -R /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library

Regards

Leonie

• ibid Level 1 (0 points)

The lsregister command and reboot fixed my problem -- many thanks!

You are welcome!

Leonie

• indina Level 1 (0 points)

Hi Leonie,

unfortunately this didn't fix my problem.

Strange, since Aperture used to import the ORF of my OM-D just fine - before the latest Update of Aperture.

I'd really love to have it working again.

Greetings from Hamburg,

Indina

Indina, did you upgrade to Mountain Lion after installing Aperture 3.2.2? Then try if reinstalling Aperture 3.2.2 will help.

Regards

Léonie

OT: It's so hot today in Hamburg - we should be heading for the beaches

• indina Level 1 (0 points)

Puuuh, HOT, YESS, BEACH, YESSSS!!!

(Instead I'm working on some blue port photos from last night.)

I didn't upgrade to the mountain yet - am still on 10.7.4

Indina, if you've reinstalled the raw update, I am running out of ideas.

You should start a new thread with your problem. Since this has been marked "solved", you are not likely to get any others from other regular posters here.

OT: I still have to find the time to go down to the harbour for some "Blue Port" pictures