Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to verify account name and password

I cant seem to integrate my twitter account on my macbook, when i try to login it says "unable to verify account name and password".

Help Please???

Thank You.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 9:24 PM

I couldn't get into twitter, messages or facetime. What fixed it for me was checking the automatically date and time

At the top right click the day and time --> Choose "Open Date & Time Preferences," and make sure that "Set date and time automatically" is checked.

10 replies

Aug 9, 2012 2:10 AM in response to MacDude23

Try this, it worked for me:

System Preferences --> Mail, Contacts, & Calendars --> Remove your Twitter account by clicking on the ➖ at the bottom of the left hand pane in the window.

Go to your Twitter account and under your Settings --> Apps, revoke access to OS X Integration and click 'Save'.

Return to your System Preferences where you removed your account and attempt to add the account again. After you enter your @username and password, attempt to use the app in the notification window.

It fixed the problem for me and even gave access to the OS X Integration back to my apps on my Twitter account.

Prior to this, the Mail, Contacts, & Calendars would tell me that it was 'Unable to verify account username and password'. Very frustrating.

I hope this helps you!

Mar 26, 2013 10:56 PM in response to MacDude23

1) Go to Ur Gmail a/c
2) right side top , Privacy (it will take u to ur gmail Accounts)
3) go to Security

4) Connected applications and sites > manage access > enter ur password
5) then Generate APPLICATION SPECIFIC PASSWORD for Apple mail
6) Now Enter that password while Entering in ur MAC (dont enter ur regular GMAIL Password)

Ta Daaaaa !!!!!!

Aug 15, 2013 10:18 PM in response to MacDude23

Hey guys,

I think iPraj is right -- or at least that's what worked for me. You have to create an application-specific password in your Google account and use that in the account setup in the System Prefs (not your actual Gmail password).

It's the same process I had to use to log in on my Apple TV; it's because these products can't accept the text message that is part of the two-step verification process.

Follow the instructions above on your Google account and enter the password that's generated in your System Prefs when setting up the Gmail account.

unable to verify account name and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.