5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2012 4:28 PM by SewcialButterfly
bandit Level 3 Level 3 (875 points)

According to roaringapps, Photoshop Elements 10 has not been tested in Mountain Lion. Has anyone here tried it? If so, have you found any problems running it in Mountain Lion? I'm having trouble finding any information about this.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion, 2.7 Ghz, 16 GB, 512 flash storage
  • William Kucharski Level 6 Level 6 (14,890 points)

I've had zero issues running PE10 on Mountain Lion.

• bandit Level 3 Level 3 (875 points)

I'm really glad to hear that. Thanks

• pyewacket Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm sure I came across this--I've been reading mixed comments from people at the discussions about this issue---my old computer decided to die out on me June 22nd--only recently did I get a new computer and of course it has Mountain Lion....I have a i800 Microtek photoscanner which came with PhotoShop Elements but version 4 as my old computer was still running on Tiger edition--to put it mildly there is no way I could budget the regular Photoshop which costs a hefty $699.00 while PhotoElements goes for about $99.00----

• SewcialButterfly Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi William-

Have you had issues loading actions using Mountain Lion? I cannot find the PSE folder in the library to load them. I only have my Adobe Flash listed under adobe. Any insight on how to load actions is greatly appreciated.

• SewcialButterfly Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

FOUND IT!!!!!

I just loaded my actions int the PSE 10 purchased from the App Store.

Close PSE.

Access the System library location from Finder menu, click "Go" in the menu bar then select "Go to Folder...". Type in  "~/Library" and click Go.

Screen Shot 2012-09-30 at 6.17.58 PM.png

The systems Library will open up and then you take this path:

Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Editor > Presets > Actions (The Actions folder is where you move your actions file to)

Screen Shot 2012-09-30 at 6.22.19 PM.png

Then go to the Photo Creations Folder > Locales > en_US and delete the MediaDatabase.db3 file (move it to the trash)

Screen Shot 2012-09-30 at 6.22.31 PM.png

The next time you launch PSE your Actions DB will be rebuilt with the new actions installed.