Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My original files are renamed to xx.jpg (NEF) during relocate originals...

Hi,

JUst updated to Ap 3.3.2 and started having this issue. All images from multiple camera (Nikon D800, Canon 100HS, and 300HS) imported properly into the Ap dB and displayes with original filenames. I relocated the originals to an external drive. Now, when I view the files on the external drive the filenames are all like this: <untitled> xx.nef/jpg/mov (for the appropriate file type). All files imported in the last two days are this way! When I view the files in Ap, they still maintain original filename. When I click "show in finder," the proper file is highlighted BUT has that funky <untitled> filename. Does anyopne know what is causing this? Also, how do I correct the filenames back to the opriginal filenames?

THANK YOU!

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 11:14 PM

Check the preset for the "Name format" in the "relocate originals" panel. Set the selector for the pop-up menu to "Edit", press "+" to create a new preset, anc create a preset containing the original filename:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

3 replies

Jul 28, 2012 5:19 AM in response to jack_1611

Léonie,

THANK YOU! Yes it had all to do with the presets after the 3.3.2 update. My "relocate originals" was set for "custom" renaming. I'm fortunate I was able to catch this early, and to have folks like you out there to assist. I "conslidated originals" and then "relocated originals" with renaming files as "version names" because (fortunately) Ap 3.3.2 didn't overwrite version names, just the original file names.

Cheers,

Jack

Help! My original files are renamed to xx.jpg (NEF) during relocate originals...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.