Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion UPS issues

Anyone else experiencing difficulties after upgrading to Mountain Lion osx with their uninterrupted power source? Everytime I reboot my computer now, I have to pull the USB cable that is connected to my computer from the UPS so that it will load. Otherwise, it hangs at the white screen with no Apple logo. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, 2009

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 9:35 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2012 9:50 PM in response to William Lloyd

I don't have any third party apps for it either. I never had a problem before. The only issue I ever had was prior to this every once in awhile my screen would dim for a moment and say that I was working off of battery power only then it'd come back on. but that was pretty rare. But since I've done the update I can't get past the initial white scree (before the gray logo pops on) without unplugging the usb portion of the UPS.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know yours is working fine.

Aug 14, 2012 10:25 AM in response to Slopster

Ok. So it wasn't my UPS. I had a wireless connector for my bamboo tablet in a USB hub that happened to have the UPS plugged into it as well. That's what I was unplugging to get past the white screen. Found this out because the bamboo tablet wasn't working wirelessly when I went to use it. I removed that adapter and placed it into a different USB hub and now everything is working fine. Just thought I would update this in case someone (highly unlikely) runs into a similar problem.

Mountain Lion UPS issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.