Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does App Store show i haven't bought mountain lion???

I've bought the OX X Mountain Lion and truly installed. But I enter the App Store again. I see the price tagged on the Mountain Lion software which means I haven't bought yet? At the same time, I check the Purchased page on App Store. I can't find any purchasing record either. Anything else I bought is showed up. Why??? Please help me to solve it. Thanks a lot : )

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 10:11 PM

7 replies

Aug 20, 2012 7:55 AM in response to SWMIntheMorning

Same thing has happened to me. I purchased and installed Mtn Lion (on this MacBook Pro). I even installed it on my home Mac mini. However, when I went to the App Store, it was not listed it in my Purchases list, and it has a purchase price button on the Mtn Lion app page. I restarted the computer(s), signed out & back in w/ correct Apple ID, trashed preferences, asked it to check for unfinished downloads, tried on other computers (one w/ Mtn Lion, one w/ Lion installed)...nothing worked so far.

Then I stumbled on the answer...

Go to the top Menu bar > Store and click on View My Account (accountname), then enter you password. In the following dialog window, you should see listed Hidden Purchases under the iTunes in the Cloud section. Click on the View Hidden Purchases and the next screen should show Mountain Lion as hidden...simple click Unhide. It should now show in your Purchases list as well as offer Download button on Mtn Lion info page.

Aug 20, 2012 1:06 PM in response to William Lloyd

While this is true, that's not really what SWMintheMorning is having a problem with. It's that under the Purchases tab in MAS, Mountain Lion is not being shown in the list; and if you go to the Mountain Lion info page, the selection button shows the $19.99 price, not the Download option, as if you have to purchase the app again. You're not presented with a way to download the installer again.

As I posted above, having the same issue, it's probably because Mtn Lion has been hidden in the Purchases list; in my case, unintentionally. The steps listed above should reveal the download option again in both the Purchases list as well as Mtn Lion info page.

If this is not the poster's case, then I'm unaware of what the issue may be.

Sep 3, 2013 10:08 AM in response to pairof9s

pairof9s wrote:

Go to the top Menu bar > Store and click on View My Account (accountname), then enter you password. In the following dialog window, you should see listed Hidden Purchases under the iTunes in the Cloud section. Click on the View Hidden Purchases and the next screen should show Mountain Lion as hidden...simple click Unhide. It should now show in your Purchases list as well as offer Download button on Mtn Lion info page.

This worked for me! Thank you!

I'm not sure why it was "hidden" but I'm glad I didn't have to buy it again...

why does App Store show i haven't bought mountain lion???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.