Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panics in Lion?

I was getting increasing KP,s in Lion so I took my early 2009 MBPro to the Genius. They returned it after 2 days and didn't tell me if they fixed it. Brought it home and it looked like they reinstalled 10.7.4. I had gone back to 10.7.3 and both 10.7.3 and 10.7.4 had frequent KP's when hardly running anything, including downloading from the App Store. I was getting KP's about every 10-15 minutes. Took several restarts to successfully download Mountain Lion. Installed it a few days ago and have had no KP's since.

I suspect that with the imminent release of ML, Apple did not want to solve the KP issue that so many have complained about. By my evaluation, this was not a Chrome or Safari issue, it was a bad 10.7.3 or 10.7.4 combo upgrade.

Anyway, if you want to get rid of KP's, try Mountain Lion. It solved my problem.

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 11:24 PM

3 replies

Kernel Panics in Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.