Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieving App on "Purchased List"

Hi People,

I just installed Mountain Lion, prior to that I updated all my software (which took some time). There was also an update for Civilization5 (which was over 4gb) so I wanted to cancel/pauze that download/update. In my update list I, for a reason I don't know, could not pauze the Civ5 update to give the Mountain Lion purchase and the other updates precedence.

As the pauze button didn't work I went to the Purchased Tab, and tried to pauze the update there. As that did not work I tried the "CANCEL" button, yes...you guessed it....it wasn't a cancel button but a "Remove from Purchase list" button. Please understand, don't noob me on this one, it was a stupid mistake.

So there I am. Civ5 deleted from my purchase list and when I go to the App Store...It doesn't let me download again....only when I pay the full price again.

I really can't blame anyone but myself but I have one critisism for Apple.

100 times I get "Are you sure you want to delete this x?" even when things are really obvious. Yet, this little delete icon doesn't have any text guiding it, nor does it give me a warning that my purchase will be deleted. Strange thing.

My Question: Is there any way to retrieve my purchase?

Many Thanks

Lupaie

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 3:17 AM

1. Go to the first page of the Mac App Store (Featured)
  2. Click the "Account" link under the "Quick Links" column on the right
  3. Click "View Hidden Purchases"
  4. Click the "unhide" button for whichever app you wish to unhide
2 replies

Retrieving App on "Purchased List"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.