Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not deleting conversations across my devices

If I delete a iMessage conversation to a contact on my iPhone, iPad or Mac will it sync and deleete the conversation on my other devices? If its supposed to, its not working. Everything else syncs great to all my devices but when I delete a conversation with a contact the conversation still appears on every other device...am I not patient enough should I wait a min or two? Thanks !

OS X Mountain Lion, and iOS devices

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 2:44 AM

deleting a conversation on one device does not sync it to all other device.

I just did it and it didn't delete it. On my ipad messages, I delete one conversation i have with one contact. I went to my Mac and the conversation is still there.

NOTE: the messages works only for the appleID email not the phone number. Since your iphone is mostly using phone number and NOT email, you wont see these conversations from your iPad and mac

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2012 2:44 AM in response to trevahz

deleting a conversation on one device does not sync it to all other device.

I just did it and it didn't delete it. On my ipad messages, I delete one conversation i have with one contact. I went to my Mac and the conversation is still there.

NOTE: the messages works only for the appleID email not the phone number. Since your iphone is mostly using phone number and NOT email, you wont see these conversations from your iPad and mac

Aug 1, 2012 5:36 AM in response to kisuke3

So how come in iMail it works across all devices, understood that the phone might be sent as a text via the phone number but the ipad is not using a phone number and it still does not delete,

This is a bit of an apple fail I am not liking it who the tests these things seriously iMail got it right why cant they get this right as well or I guess wait for the next release and that can be considered a wonderful upgrade to charge us for makinig us feel like we are getting value,

iMessage not deleting conversations across my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.