Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Went through setup for DVD PRO still not working

So I have done what are the protocalls that are appropriate for DVD PRO and the problem now is that I cannot drag my compressor file into DVD PRO.

It just bounces back to Finder or where ever else I find it. I give up don't know what to do now I am stuck. Thanks for everyones help. Also I still get the

incompatible format pop up-I am totally against a wall-do not know what to do at all.

macBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 2:39 AM

6 replies

Jul 29, 2012 1:13 AM in response to David Mclaine

I captured from mini-dv tape so I used dv 48khz or dv ntsc for my setup codec. I used send to in FCP to compressor. I used best quality DVD 90 minutes in Compressor. I am working with NTSC. I imported my compressed project clicking on asset. When I did this I get a box that pops up and says incompatible format.

Problem is I have no idea how to get a compatible format or what they are talking about since I followed the

correct protocol or at least it seemed correct to me. I know it is something I am missing-I just do not have the

knowledge to trouble shoot this particular problem. So that is where it stands of this moment.

Jul 29, 2012 1:55 AM in response to dubdroid 1

Two things, are you sure you are trying to import the correct files (there should be two, M2V and AC3) video and audio. Secondly make sure your project is set to NTSC and not PAL, although I think the message would tell you this. Also as an experiment you could export a quicktime movie from FCP and then bring this into DVD SP and see if that works.

DM

Jul 29, 2012 2:14 AM in response to David Mclaine

Thanks David. I am for sure in NTSC standard. I am importing video only to DVD PRO for some reason I am not

getting audio. I compressed both audio and video. I only got the video to play through the whole video once and

the rest of the times I try to play it I only get the main title. I am really confused. Sometimes I am getting an incompatible format notice and sometimes not and when I don't get that notice I am only getting video from the compressor file I am importing as an asset into DVD PRO. Good thing I am not on a deadline for this project.

Jul 29, 2012 3:21 AM in response to David Mclaine

So now I am getting the incompatible format pop up window when I try to import asset into DVD PRO. Once I get to the point of building the DVD can I author it to just hit play to start the video and stop to stop the video? But the main problem now is this incompatible format pop up window. ????????????

I just tried bringing in a MPEG 4 video and audio and it worked-DVD PRO accepted it. Now just to get the DVD 90 min best quality codec to work???????

Went through setup for DVD PRO still not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.