Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ML & Contacts sync problem?

Hello,

I just upgraded to ML. But did a Clean Install.

I imported my contacts manually as I never have used iCloud. They, my contacts, are there alright on my local, on my mac. I can even use iMessage with them no problem. But my iPod won't sync them and gives me this message:

No contacts available

Contact syncing cannot be enabled because there are no contacts available. Do you want to open Contacts and create contacts now?

Altho' I am not using Calender; if I try to sync it too, it gives me the same msg for Calender too. But that makes sense because I have no calender info.

These above steps are the same exact steps when I installed Lion on SL, and had no problems. For some reason ML (cleaninstall) -or the new iTunes- will not sync my Contacts info -or Info tab/pane for that matter- to my iPod because it thinks I have no contacts at all.

Does anyone have any idea?

PS: I have no other iDevice. only 1 classic iPod 160gb latest gen.

iPod classic, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:09 AM

Several users running Mac OS X Lion and now ML (and iCloud) have no longer been able to "sync" contacts over to their older iPods models.

A work around is to export all of your contacts out of Address Book as vCards and them copy these vCards into your iPod's Contacts folder. You'll need to have the Enable Disk Use option ticked from under the iPod's Summary tab in order to browse out to the iPod's Contacts folder via the Finder.

Using your iPod as a storage drive

That's the only "solution" I have been able to use to get contacts to sync/appear on my 5G iPod Video.

B-rock

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2012 7:09 AM in response to Ozgur D. Cyric

Several users running Mac OS X Lion and now ML (and iCloud) have no longer been able to "sync" contacts over to their older iPods models.

A work around is to export all of your contacts out of Address Book as vCards and them copy these vCards into your iPod's Contacts folder. You'll need to have the Enable Disk Use option ticked from under the iPod's Summary tab in order to browse out to the iPod's Contacts folder via the Finder.

Using your iPod as a storage drive

That's the only "solution" I have been able to use to get contacts to sync/appear on my 5G iPod Video.

B-rock

Jan 3, 2013 2:33 AM in response to Ozgur D. Cyric

Finally I solved my problem. I am posting this to help others if any having this too.

The solution is, uhmm let me write step by step.

1. Export your contact list from your local, I mean address book of your Mac.

2. Delete all your contacts from your Mac Address Book App.

3. Import your contact list to any Gmail account via web. You should see all your contacts in Gmail, Contacts. It is very easy to do so but you may find help on Gmail if any needed.

4. Open your address book on your mac and go to settings. On your local choose/check "sync with google" and login to your Google account you just imported your contacts.

User uploaded file

5. Control/check if your contacts are looking like they are on your Mac (local) just as before.

6. Sync your iPod now with the -contacts in info tab- checked.

Voila! That's about it, this fixed my problem. My iPod classic has now my contact list without any workarounds.

Thank you. And sorry bringing this back up, but this time it is for solution =)

ML & Contacts sync problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.