Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable microsoft exchange autodiscover?

Hi!

Is there a way to disable the microsoft exchange autodiscover feature in mountain lion? The addresses provided by the server are not always correct and therefore I´d like to disable this feature until this is fixed.

Thanks in advance

Stephan

MacBook 5,1

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 5:22 AM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2013 10:33 AM in response to steph_Z

steph_Z wrote:

Hi!

Is there a way to disable the microsoft exchange autodiscover feature in mountain lion? The addresses provided by the server are not always correct and therefore I´d like to disable this feature until this is fixed.

Thanks in advance

Stephan

This is an old thread, however I was just bitten by this nasty behaviour today and had to address it myself. Basically, this is documented here and/or here. I have just replied to this thread in case somebody else stumbles across it while trying to find a solution.

So assuming the account you want to address is names "MyCompany", you create the following script in the AppleScript Application:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

set server of exchange account "MyCompany" to "https://exchange.mycompany.info/EWS/Exchange.asmx"

set background autodiscover of exchange account "MyCompany" to false

end tell

and run it, making sure that the settings of the exchange account are adjusted and correct and that the Outlook Application is running.

How do I disable microsoft exchange autodiscover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.