Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital camera no longer syncs to iMac 10.6.8

Hello,

I have been using a Fuji Finepix E550 digital camera for years and for some reason tonight my iMac (running Snow Leopard) does not recognize it. I've never experienced this before. I've plugged the USB cable into the three different ports, as well as restarting several times. I've plugged in my iPod into the same USB port and it works fine. The camera display states that it is being recognized but the computer doesn't.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 5:59 AM

8 replies

Jul 28, 2012 7:46 AM in response to rkaufmann87

rkaufmann87,

Thank you for your suggestions but nothing worked. I didn't read your e-mail well the first time around and did the SMC once, which didn't work, then the PRAM, which also didn't work. I then tried the Safe Mode, which also didn't work. When checking the e-mail again I noticed that you stated to try the SMC and PRAM twice, so again I did each one again without any success.

I don't know which is older, the iMac or the camera, but it looks like I made need to upgrade both.

Any other suggestions from anyone would greatly be appreciated.

Jul 28, 2012 8:37 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I'm actually running Snow Leopard, but I bought this computer in 2006. I think the camera was bought beforehand but I don't remember. The iMac is suiting my needs, or at least I thought it was.

I guess I'll start with a new cable, and then progress to a new camera, then new computer if nothing works.

Thanks again for your effort.

Digital camera no longer syncs to iMac 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.