Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.8 Authentication Events log...

Has anyone figured out where the Authentication Events are logged in 10.8? Remember it used to be at fle

/var/log/secure.log

but is now gone. You could read the log and see who was attacking your stuff.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 7:47 AM

8 replies

Mar 19, 2013 11:28 AM in response to Gnarlodious

I've also noticied this and have found NO workaround which give me the information that secure.log did. Perhaps there is a third party security logging program that might work around this obvious screwup? I've heard of security through obscurity, but it's usually your security you're trying to make obscure for someone else, not for the sysetm operator.

Apple, please put secure.log back, the replacements for it you've created may tell me that someone is attacking me. but they won't tell me WHO.

I use OS X because I didn't NEED an intermediate firewall between my switch and the network connection, are you now telling me I have to buy an entire new MacPro just to monitor the traffic along the line to my router for breakin attempts because the tools on individual consoles that would give this information have been removed to further promulate the myth that Mac's are immune to attack?

10.8 Authentication Events log...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.