Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion notification center not working.

After getting Mountain Lion installed and notification center setup, I only receive notifications for Twitter and Reminders.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Facebook, Mail, Messages, and all the others are not alerting and are not showing up when I open the right sidebar.

User uploaded file

Notification Center-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 8:11 AM

13 replies

Jul 28, 2012 9:38 AM in response to kkita

You need to set the check email to a certain time, not manually (Mail - Preferences - Check for new messages - (option should notbe manual) so that it will show in notification center. As for the usefullness of notification center, i completely agree with you. The only thing is that you don't have to open every single app every time like we normally do.

Aug 8, 2012 9:44 PM in response to DanGordon

i was looking forward to this feature (one of the biggest selling points of mountain lion for me), and it doesn't work at all. i've tried pretty much everything recommended here: launch mail app and keep it open, restart computer, change alert styles, have friends send me test emails. i still can't get any mail notifications to show, whether as alerts or banners. any other ideas?

i'm also hoping it's not true that you need to launch the mail app to get those notifications. that would be just plain ridiculous. c'mon, apple.

Nov 29, 2012 10:29 PM in response to DanGordon

I just did a clean install of Mountain Lion and I thought that my issue with this had something to do with it. One thing is that my notification center for Facebook doesn't have all of the options that the OP's center has:User uploaded file

I deleted the PreferencePane for Notification and reinstalled 10.8.2 but I still get this result. No sound in Notifications on the Mac or my iPhone for Facebook.

Mountain Lion notification center not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.