Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gestures after Mountain Lion Update

I am relatively new to Macs and Aperture (last November) and have always enjoyed using the left/right swiping gesture to move between photos in Aperture and iPhoto.

However, since the upgrade to Mountain Lion, this left/right swiping does not seem to be working properly in Aperture. (And yes, gestures is turned on in Aperture preferences and the gesture still works fine in iPhoto.)

Anybody else with this problem?

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Steve

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 10:57 AM

I had the same problem. When I was looking around in the preferences I found that under general the 'scroll to navigate photos in the viewer' option was not turned on. I never touched that tick box before and I had no problem in Lion. But I ticked it now and it works now.

5 replies

Jul 29, 2012 10:25 PM in response to swandy

I just purchased a MBPro (photographer) and that was a function that was not working (very frustrating). I re-installed Aperture - no luck. I JUST finished RE-INSTALLING Mountain Lion (as per instructions by Apple Support - it CLEANED this thing back to zero). After reinstalling OS, Aperture (and now all of my Adobe products need to be RE downloaded and installed... ) This was not working again. Do I wish I'd found this post FIRST. I go online... find this post... and I could have saved HOURS by checking 1 box. Pardon my rant... and thank you to Locomotief for the simple fix. I hope others find this before wasting hours trouble shooting this very simple yet frustrating 'error' - or reinstalling OS!!

Gestures after Mountain Lion Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.