Skip navigation

TS3998: iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts

Learn about iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts

TS3998 Contacts on iMac not in iCloud

434 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2012 7:27 AM by LMM50 RSS
LMM50 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 28, 2012 8:21 AM

I have many contacts on my iMac that are not showing up in iCloud and therefore not showing up on my iOS devices.  I have followed all the suggestions in the "Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts update/setup issues with iOS devices" but the problem persists.  Obviously, I have something set up incorrectly, but I don't know where else to turn.  Suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10 (81,650 points)
    Jul 28, 2012 9:48 AM (in response to LMM50)

First check that all your settings are correct, that contact syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).

Make sure the contacts you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' group and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud group (you can do this by checking in groups), non iCloud contacts will not sync.

If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your contacts are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking contact syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling contact syncing.

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10 (81,650 points)
    Jul 28, 2012 3:16 PM (in response to LMM50)

You need to move the contacts from your "on my Mac" group to your "iCloud" group on your Mac, you also need to set your default account in your address book preferences to the "iCloud" group.

This user tip might help you understand how accounts work with Address Book.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.