Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Experiencing screen tearing while scrolling text in OS X and in Windows everywhere.

Hi anybody

But can someone with experience advice me with screen tearing issues?

I mainly experience them when I scroll through repetitive text in os x and sometimes while watching videos.

It's much worse in windows. I get screen tearing when dragging my mouse on the desktop. The blue rectangle selection borders tears like crazy.

The last time I went to an authorised dealer and asked for help, they said it was fine in the diagnostics.

What could be the issue and how can I fix it?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 8:45 AM

11 replies

Mar 23, 2015 6:37 AM in response to spudnuty

I actually did that, but got the response from Apple saying that having 16gb of ram and not having a DVD in the computer is the cause of my video issues.......................................how does one even respond to such a boneheaded comment?

I'll probably be trying a different Apple Store once grad school is finished, though.

Apr 30, 2015 11:38 AM in response to spudnuty

Recall is only for the Early 2013 and some earlier models and this is a Late 2013 model. But mine is still under warranty/apple care so I should bring it in at some point. However I think it started happening only after one of the OS X upgrades so when it first started happening a few months ago I chalked it up to a software bug which I hoped would get fixed, but now I'm thinking maybe it's a hardware issue, even though the diagnostics pass. My wife has the same model which she got around the same time and has the same issue.

Apr 30, 2015 12:11 PM in response to Proggie

My wife has the same model which she got around the same time and has the same issue.

So both machines are running 10.10.3? See the OP was also running Windows so that what I mean by confusing.

We have seen issues with this latest update and with Yosemite in general as to video artifacts. Like little tiled squares everywhere on a white screen.

I think that's a weird thing to be caused by the OS.

I've been avoiding Yosemite for this exact reason. I'm still running Mavericks and have actually just bought Mountain Lion because there's a few things squirrely things with Mavericks as well but maybe not enough to make me go back.

Since I work with Macs I actually have every OS since 10.2.0.

Experiencing screen tearing while scrolling text in OS X and in Windows everywhere.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.