Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 2011 No Sound After 10.8 Upgrade

I just upgraded to Mountain Lion about a day ago and now I am having huge audio issues. After looking accross the community and the internet I couldn't find anything that worked. My problem seems a little more unique in symptoms. here are the series of events if that helps:

1. I was watching a movie the night before and had sound fine.
  2. Just closed the lid to go into standby for the night since I was going to hop right back on in a few hours
  3. Upon trying to play some music as I do some work, no audio.
  4. First I checked my volumne, mine wasn't greyed out like some people and I could adjust it the slider but no audio worked
  5. I first tried rebooting, got the start chime, opened the movie I had from the night before up. The audio played for a little bit and then stopped working.
  6. Tried rebooting again, get the startup chime but nothing else.
  7. Tried reseting PRAM and SMC a couple times to no avail, still get chime.
  8. Also through-out this process I can get the error beep if I randomly click the track pad a lot at the bottom of certain windows as well as other reasons you would get the error beep.
  9. Still no sound other wise. I also tried pluggin in my headphones from my iPhone to see if that helped multiple times, its the sam issues through-out with them in.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion, Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 10:32 AM

There are no replies.

MBP 2011 No Sound After 10.8 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.