Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

speaker on ipod stays on when headset connected

my audio speaker on ipod handset can be heard even when i connect earphones, thus decreasing sound in headset, and annoying anyone around me.

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 1:58 PM

Make sure you have done a Restart (and a Reset) using the procedure here (since noticing this problem).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

Also, make sure you are inserting the headphones completely into the headphones jack. You may also want to try a different set of headphones.

If that does not help, you may want to do a Restore on the iPod in iTunes. Select the iPod in the iTunes sidebar, under DEVICES. Over to the right, go to the Summary tab. The Restore button is there. This will erase the iPod, re-install its software, and set to default settings. If the cause is a software or settings glitch, Restore should fix it.

If Restore does not help, the cause is probably a hardware issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2012 1:58 PM in response to jimmydeanfrom ga

Make sure you have done a Restart (and a Reset) using the procedure here (since noticing this problem).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

Also, make sure you are inserting the headphones completely into the headphones jack. You may also want to try a different set of headphones.

If that does not help, you may want to do a Restore on the iPod in iTunes. Select the iPod in the iTunes sidebar, under DEVICES. Over to the right, go to the Summary tab. The Restore button is there. This will erase the iPod, re-install its software, and set to default settings. If the cause is a software or settings glitch, Restore should fix it.

If Restore does not help, the cause is probably a hardware issue.

speaker on ipod stays on when headset connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.