Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't edit movie artwork (greyed out on Get Info tabs)

All I need to know is how to be able to add artwork to my movies that are being read form an external hard drive. When I press CMD+I for the get info window the option to even select the Artwork tab is greyed out and unavailabe. How do I get it to add artwork that I have found online?

I did not have this problem when itunes was reading the movies from my actual mac computer it only started when I made itunes read the movies from my external drive. I can still edit the artwork for the ones that are not on my external drive yet and are only on my actual mac computer. Why is this happeneing?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 12:05 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 3:16 PM in response to RyanVolkert

When you add a movie to iTunes you have to make sure it makes a copy of the file in the iTunes Media folder. Otherwise, you can't edit any of the information on the movie or video.

In iTunes 12, go to Edit-->Preferences

User uploaded file

In Preferences, go to Advanced and make sure the "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library".

User uploaded file

Unfortunately, you will now have to re-import the movie files into iTunes using "Add File To Library..." Once imported, the movie will sometimes appear under "Home Movies" instead of "Movies" but if you right click on the movie file it will list a menu item called "Get Info" where you can change the "Options" to "Movie". You should also be able to click the "Add Artwork" button.

Hope that helps.

Can't edit movie artwork (greyed out on Get Info tabs)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.