Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ical error, as well not able to invite people to ical events

Hi everybody I have been having issues with my Ical and I don't really know what to do anymore. I have tried the Genius, I have tried the apple care, and seems that no one can help me with this problem. I'm using Mountain Lion, and the latest updates on my computer as well my IOS devices.

Anytime I try to add an event on my ICal and add invitees, I get this.

User uploaded file

After about 5 min later, I get an error message. I have looked everywhere for the error message and I found someone that had the same problem, and no one ever replied to her post. So I was wondering if anybody knows how to fix this issue. It would be very much appreciated.

User uploaded file

Thanks in advance.

Andre

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 2:17 PM

15 replies

Jul 28, 2012 3:02 PM in response to andregotz

Andre,

Go to Calendar>Preferences...>Accounts>Account Information, and delete/re-add your iCloud account information.

If that is not successful, then go to your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Calendars Folder and remove any files with "Cache" as a part of the file name. To find that Library folder, use Finder>Go Menu>Depress the "Option" key>Library. Log out/in, or restart and check Calendars for functionality.

User uploaded file

Jul 28, 2012 3:42 PM in response to andregotz

Andre,

Do the calendar events still show up on iCloud.com, and your iOS devices?

Do you still have the cache files?

Quit Calendar, and try removing the com.apple.iCal.plist file from your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. To find that Library folder, use Finder>Go Menu>Depress the "Option" key>Library. Drag the .plist file to your desktop, and log out/in or restart.

Then I would recommend that you once again go to Calendar>Preferences...>Accounts>Account Information, and delete/re-add your iCloud account information. It may take several minutes for the data to repopulate Calendar.

User uploaded file

Jul 28, 2012 4:01 PM in response to andregotz

Andre,

If I remove the plist file will that erase my events as well?

Removing the plist should not erase events, but you can always move it back if the events are deleted.

It would however, be advisable to first create a backup of your events. You can do that using Calendar>File>Export>Export... for each individual calendar.

Do you see your events on iCloud.com, and your iOS devices?

User uploaded file

Jul 28, 2012 4:17 PM in response to andregotz

Andre,

I'm a the calendar folder looked through a few files inside the files but I dont see it.

The plist file is not in the Calendars folder. It can be found in the Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. To find that folder open Finder, then select Go> depress the "option" key, and select "Library." Once in Library you should find the "Prefereces" Folder which contains the com.apple.iCal.plist file.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Jul 28, 2012 4:44 PM in response to Ferd II

Ok here is a example.

I create an event called "Dentist" and I go on the options and "add invitee" like my partner for example. I add the email address, but my partner never receives the invite to join my calendar event. Makes sense?

Contats are working fine, no problem at all. I did Log off and Logged back in as you mention.

Jul 29, 2012 5:26 AM in response to Ferd II

We are both using Rogers (canadian, tv, mobile provider) we both have Icloud e-mail account.

On my computer e-mail under "send messages from" my me.com account is select to send e-mails.

on my phone my primary email is Gmail. but I have gmail, icloud and yahoo accounts on the phone.

On my computer I only use the icloud email (me.com).

thanks again for your help.

Ical error, as well not able to invite people to ical events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.