Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update from Safari to Leapord?

I currently am running software 10.5.8 and need to update to leapord so i can download my icloud so I can hard reset my iphone. How do I do that?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 2:07 PM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2012 2:55 PM in response to Lgdelp

Your Mac must be running Lion v10.7.2 or later to enable iCloud.

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices

iCloud: What if my device or computer doesn't meet iCloud system requirements?

By the way. Safari is a browser, not an operating system.

Operating system would be v10.5 Leopard, v10.5 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion.

Jul 28, 2012 4:01 PM in response to Lgdelp

Lgdelp wrote:

I currently am running software 10.5.8 and need to update to leapord so i can download my icloud so I can hard reset my iphone. How do I do that?

Forget it, your 10.5 era issue machine is too old for 10.7 or 10.8 and the upgrade pain is too much as 10.7 and 10.8 won't run your PPC based software.

You can't get 10.7 via the AppStore anyway and 10.8 excludes a lot of older machines.

My advice is to forget iCloud for now and save up for a new 10.8 or 10.9 machine.

If you need to rest your iPhone, take it to a Apple Store for assistance or take it to a friends computer.

Your not a computer savvy type becaues your still on 10.5 all these years, it's not a problem I'm not a brain surgeon neither 🙂

However just be warned not to do anything sensitive on the computer, like banking or credit cards as 10.5 is insecure.

If you get someone to assist you, see if they will upgrade your machine to 10.6.8 and install Firefox web browser, that will offer some more security while your online..

How can I update from Safari to Leapord?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.