Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CalDAV Calendars No Longer Work in Mountain Lion?!

Since upgrading to Mountain Lion, CalDAV no longer works for me - it fails to log in to the server (which I know is working because the same credentials and address still work on my iPhone and iPad).

I've tried deleting and re-adding the calendar and making sure alerts are not defaulted to none, but now, if I try to re-add it using the Wizard, it fails because it can't log in (it says it found a calendar but that my login failed), and if I edit the parameters for one that I know works to those now, it keeps telling me the server gave an error when I try to connect and asking for my password. This is not the problem with creating and modifying events in Zimbra - I never even get there, I cannot log in to my CalDAV server anymore using credentials that I know work using other CalDAV clients.

Any help would be appeciated, this is a disabling, showstopper problem, I don't want to have to back out the OS install for this or g-d forbid, pave my machine, but I must have a functional calendar.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 7:32 PM

Never mind, fixed this myself - turned out to be an old, unfixed bug in iCal relating to use of old keychain entries - see http://www.atpeaz.com/index.php/2011/fixing-lions-icals-caldav-password-problem/. After I removed the calendar, then removed all of keychain entries for this server, then re-added the calendar, it came back to life and stopped giving login errors.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2012 7:32 PM in response to JiminSF

Never mind, fixed this myself - turned out to be an old, unfixed bug in iCal relating to use of old keychain entries - see http://www.atpeaz.com/index.php/2011/fixing-lions-icals-caldav-password-problem/. After I removed the calendar, then removed all of keychain entries for this server, then re-added the calendar, it came back to life and stopped giving login errors.

Aug 13, 2012 6:09 PM in response to JiminSF

I unfortunately am still getting a serious problem with connecting to a non-Zimbra caldav server. From looking in the logs, here is what I am seeing:

8/13/12 8:25:48.977 PM Calendar[6228]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.

8/13/12 8:37:54.494 PM Calendar[6658]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.queue] [Not creating a POST schedule change-request, because the server doesn't have a schedule-outbox]

8/13/12 8:40:57.204 PM Calendar[6658]: [com.apple.calendar.ui.log.updatetext] [There was an error trying to get the status from CalendarAgent: 5]

(I tried the keychain fix and we're still getting this.)

CalDAV Calendars No Longer Work in Mountain Lion?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.