Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am on this website trying to install Safari Web browser on my pc to use it instead of internet explorer, but I cannot get to a download anywhere. Nor can I find it on the Store page. How do I get to download Safari?

I am trying to download Safari web browser on my pc but cannot get ot it anywhere. How do I get to use Safari?

Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 2:29 PM

7 replies

Jul 28, 2012 5:26 PM in response to Matchley

Matchley wrote:

Thank you for your help. Another questions. For a small business firm of 10 computers what would you suggest the best server. We now are all pc's but eventually I want to upgrade to Apple. I currently have the Small Business Server.

Sorry to say that Apple isn't the best choice in that department as they are primarily a consumer products company, they don't cater to business needs with their offerings.

Phill Scheiler actually said they are interested in the 50% share of the consumer market.

Apple has discontinued their X-Server and now OS X server is really just a hobbyist pursuit, not a serious business solution. The Mac Pro hasn't been updated in ages.

Mac's can be used on Windows, Unix and Linux servers, but on that side of things it's best to use the services of a local server technician. Linux costs nothing for the licenses and is very secure and highly configurable.

You also can go Red Hat Linux which is a commercial version of Linux which requires licenses, but you get the better security and reliability plus business support.

All I can suggest is evaluate your local offerings from many of those type local server business services in you area and go from there. You'll likely be a mixed shop for quite some time or perhaps forever as some won't give up Windows like some won't give up their Mac's. 😉

Also Mac's are not very cost effective anymore, Apple changes the operating system annually which require new software/paid upgrades, Windows 7 will last another decade and offer desktop models that parts can be exchangesd or replaced in house, unlike Mac's which one has to bring it in and AppleCare expires in three years.

So buisnesss and profit speaking Windows is pretty good, but if your like Google who has a big bank account then replacing Mac's every couple of years is nothing.

Jul 28, 2012 5:47 PM in response to ds store

Thanks again, I think that Mac has the best and most secure computers around. Like you said I am not Google and cannot afford Macs every two years. Pc's have come a long way. My first computer was a Mac Power PC. It was useful for many years. I took computer courses in college and used (80's) Turbo C++ for Macs, etc. Old stuff now, but I prefer to use Mac. I will look into the Linux. Not up to date on computers as I did not go into that field instead went into accounting. I was a double major in Computer Information Systems and Accounting. I'm much better at Accounting. I did not enjoy programing but wanted to be computer savvy. It has helped me to understand basics.

Jul 28, 2012 6:32 PM in response to Matchley

Matchley wrote:

I think that Mac has the best and most secure computers around.

Best is subjective, they are good and nice on the short term but lousy on the long term.

For instance I have a Early 2011 machine, only a year or so old, however Apple has ignored my rather new computer for essential Safari security updates (Safari 6) because I didn't upgrade to 10.7 or 10.8

Understandably, Safari 6 was just released and there are bugs they are attempting to fix, however the bad guys now know what the flaws were in earlier versions of Safari and busy trying to find ways to exploit older versions of the browser.

If I was like any other computer newbie that 90% of Apple's customers are who can't or don't know how to upgrade OS X and visted a rigged site that I thought was my bank, I would be pwned right now.

Apple ealso released OS X 10.7 and immediatly stopped issuing security updates for 10.5 and was slow to issue Java updates (Apple handles Java for OS X) for 10.6 and 10.7.

Guess what happened? Prepare to be very shocked!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_BackDoor.Flashback

I am on this website trying to install Safari Web browser on my pc to use it instead of internet explorer, but I cannot get to a download anywhere. Nor can I find it on the Store page. How do I get to download Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.