Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hyperlink to bookmark

When you create a hyperlink to a book mark the linked items color is changed to red. Using the inspector you can change the color of the item to any color on the pallet. However the color of the linked item as changed only displays at full page. Is this normal behavior?

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 3:09 PM

6 replies

Jul 28, 2012 4:00 PM in response to K T

I am still learning the Apple language to describe screen behaviour so please bare with me. When you open an iBook you can get a section displayed with the pages in that section numbered and listed vertically and across the bottom the thumb nails for each of the pages in that section. With this display the hyperlinks in the thumb nails display as red. If you tap on a page to bring it to full size the links first appear red and then change to the assigned color when the contents of the page attains full focus. Cheers Ant..

Jul 28, 2012 4:11 PM in response to adnixon

Ah... I see.

Delete all previews of your book off of the iPad, then use iBooks Author 'Share/Export' menu to save a copy as an .ibooks file.

In the Finder, drag that to the iTunes icon in the dock.

Then in iTunes, select your iPad on the left, and use the 'Books' tab to confirm that book is enabled and sync.

Check that version on your iPad.

Ken

Jul 28, 2012 6:42 PM in response to K T

Ok went through that process and nothing has changed. This issue appeared in Lion and I have since upgraded to Mountain Lion and the problem has not been resolved. So everything I am running is at the latest versions including the upgrade to iBooks Author which came with Mountain Lion.

This is really a cosmetic issue which does not affect the performance of the book. Where it just stands out is on my index page where every alphabetical item in columns is a hyperlink to a bookmark and in this case the whole page appears to be 'Red' text but this changes to the assigned colour as previously described.

Now I can understand why Apple in the iBooks Author software would want to show the author/publisher which text was a hyperlink by maintaining the default color so my guess is that this is a code issue and not a setting in the application.

I guess what Apple need to consider is when you export as an .iBook then these items should be changed to the assigned color when viewed on the iPad rather than being left at the default color 'Red'.

I guess I can live with it in the meantime but I hope that Apple are reading this post because I beleive that it might be an issue that they need to address. Thanks for you help Ken which was very much appreciated. If there is any magic which I am not aware of please let me know. Cheers Ant..

Hyperlink to bookmark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.