Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't sync iCal with iPhone after upgraded to Mountain Lion

iTunes doesn't sync iCal with iPhone after upgraded to Mountain Lion. I even tried to use Replace Information On This iPhone and it doesn't work. Any idea guys?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 6:09 PM

18 replies

Jul 29, 2012 3:15 PM in response to chineseguy38

I'm having the same problem. It's as if my iPhone and MacBook Pro now have two separate calendars.

Basically, I have a MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion, 13", late 2011) that I sync via USB with an iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1.1). Before upgrading to Mountain Lion, all of my iCal events would sync flawlessly. But none of the events I've created in iCal (Calendars) since upgrading have synced to the iPhone. Likewise, no new events that I create on the iPhone Calendar will sync to iCal. Also, changes to an existing event (even one created before upgrading to Mountain Lion) don't get synced either.

Everything else seems to be syncing just fine though (music, apps, contacts, etc).

Sep 13, 2012 1:09 PM in response to chineseguy38

This apple answer and turial helped me fix the problem! I had never used the "Terminal" before but you basically just copy and paste the text they suggest into the "Terminal" and it worked...good luck! also, if you can't find the "calendars" folder there's a "terminal" code you can type in which unhides it (sounds like it is hidden by default for some reason). one of the forums had this answer. can't find it now though. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2481 ~ on another note, this should be an OBVIOUS FIX in the next update of Mountain Lion!

Dec 20, 2012 10:43 PM in response to chineseguy38

Dear all,

being new to MAC / iDevices, I can honestly say, that I am a novice.

HOWEVER, I do present a solution which really can sort hings out for you gyúys having problems with the sync-process.

Go to your iPhone Settings. Choose iCloud. Turn OFF Calenders.

Connect your iPhone to your Mac (either Wi-Fi or USB-cable), find your iTunes and begin to sync.

What you did: You circumvented the iCloud and sync manually with your computer. Easy, peasy.

Hope, it works for you!

iTunes doesn't sync iCal with iPhone after upgraded to Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.