Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless keypad dead??

Last January, at the Apple Store (my excuse for asking this here), I got an LMP wireless keypad to go with my keypadless wireless keyboard. All went fairly well for a while, but for the last two weeks I’ve been entirely unable to connect it to my iMac. Previously when it lost connectivity I could get it to come back by deleting it from my Bluetooth devices list and refinding it with the Setup Assistant. But the Setup Assistant no longer sees it. (Neither does any other Bluetooth device that I own.)

I’ve tried the obvious things: reboot, change batteries (I’ve tried three different sets), press every button or key I could find on the keypad, flick the on-off switch back now probably 50 times. Nothing seems to work. (My guess is that the power switch is somehow florfled or shorted).

Anyone with experience reviving one of these little beasts? Or should I just give up. I do like wireless, and I do use a numeric keypad a lot.

-Lofty Becker

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 7:06 PM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2012 11:28 PM in response to Lofty Becker

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Accounts, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account? If not...

If 10.7 or more, reboot holding CMD+r down to boot from the Restore Partition, use Disk Utility there to repair the Disk, reinstall may be needed if errors were found.

Wireless keypad dead??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.