Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java consuming >25% CPU after ML upgrade

I just upgraded my Mac Pro to Mountain Lion. I notice that the fan is going more frequently, and the computer just sounds like it's working hard most of the time. It's not spotlight, because I killed indexing (I don't use it). I opened Activity Monitor and I see that java is consuming between 20 - 35% of CPU resources with no applications other than finder open. This doesn't seem right. Any ideas?

Mac Pro 2.8 (Early '08), Mac OS X (10.5.2), 10 GB RAM, 74GB 10k Raptor, 2x 750GB RAID, 23" ACD

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 7:13 PM

5 replies

Jul 28, 2012 7:48 PM in response to s_w_i_t_t_e_r_s

s_w_i_t_t_e_r_s wrote:

I just upgraded my Mac Pro to Mountain Lion. I notice that the fan is going more frequently, and the computer just sounds like it's working hard most of the time. It's not spotlight, because I killed indexing (I don't use it). I opened Activity Monitor and I see that java is consuming between 20 - 35% of CPU resources with no applications other than finder open. This doesn't seem right. Any ideas?

That was confusing....

Okay, I don't even see Java in my Activity monitor and I have lots of stuff open.

Do you have any login items in the Users & Groups tab of System Preferences? Also, anything in the following folders?

macintosh hd > library > launch agents

macintosh hd > library > launch daemons

Java consuming >25% CPU after ML upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.