Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ML Safari 6 'wide' tabs are infuriating and slow down computing.

Like many on the internet, it now appears, I have no idea why Safari 6 has decided to change the width of tabs to consume the entire screen..?!? Apart from being aesthetically ugly...

1) Productivity gets slowed down - and it's not just a case of getting used to it. The thing is this: In the 'old', smaller fixed length tabs, I may, for example, have 5, 6 or 7 tabs open at any one time. When I want to start closing these tabs down, I simply move my cursor to the tab on the right, find the 'x', and start clicking, WITHOUT the need to move the cursor for subsequent tab closures. NOW, in Safari 6, i close 1 tab, then have to f$%ing move the curser to find the next 'x' to shut it down, then have to KEEP MOVING the bloody curser to shut every tab down. This takes way too much time, and is very much a case of a backward step or 3 for Safari.

Apart from closing tabs, it also takes longer to switch between tabs. I know one can simply 'control tab' to switch between tabs, but if you want to do it ON SCREEN, and only have 2, even 3 tabs open, navigating to get there is just ridiculous!!!

2) As Apple has decided to trial this out, they NEED to at least have the option of turning the obesely wide tabs off. Why no customisation at all?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 9:46 PM

4 replies

ML Safari 6 'wide' tabs are infuriating and slow down computing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.