Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro with retina display cannot power on after software updates

I have launched the software updates a few hours ago, and then the mbpr said it would restart after downloading all the required updates (~1.39G).

And soon, the mbpr appearred to restart and then shut down. Of course, it didn't restart anymore, not even power on.

And now, I CANNOT power on the machine anymore, not with the power button. And even with control+shift+option+power, I still can't power on this stupid thing! I wonder what happened. After searching on google, i found myself to be the first one with this problem.

This mbpr is my first mac-based pc, which is a disaster to me. I need to handle something very important and hand it on tmr, i dun have a backup but just leave it on my new mbpr!!!! And now, i needa re-do it all on my old win 7 which i now find more reliable than mac os, at least i can remove the battery and i can power on the machine anyway.

BTW,

May i know how i can power on the mbpr for emergency use?

Can i have refund if im extremely unsatisfied with this stupid thing (it's still within 14 days upon arrival, but i'm in hong kong, not united states)?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.4), cannot power on

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 11:40 PM

1 reply

My macbook pro with retina display cannot power on after software updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.