Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion broke, like, everything that was good about my machine.

Okay, multiple issues with Mountain Lion:

--The HighPoint RocketRaid Quad card, the one sold in the Apple Store, had its driver disabled by Mountain Lion. There is no updated driver available that I can find. eSATA peripherals no longer function.

--USB camera control, upload, and download functions all crash on launch

--Network speeds have slowed to a crawl. Notifications don't stay disabled.

--Safari is so slow it is basically functionless.

The ONLY improvement I've found so far is that the GPU no longer causes kernel panics when I drag something from the downloads folder on the dock to the desktop.

Mac Pro (Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 12:53 AM

2 replies

Jul 30, 2012 9:12 AM in response to The hatter

Oh, I've got a backup; another machine as well as a few good Lion backups, I'm simply putting in some points of information for others who may wonder what their machines will need.

I did think it was awfully strange that cameras connected via USB will only work if they have on-camera menus. So if anyone out there is really attached to, say, using their Canon EOS Utility software to connect to any Canon camera, this update will sabotage all their efforts.

Also thought it was rather strange that Apple released an update of this sort without including the drivers for the RAID card, since the drivers from Highpoint and other sources do not work on the Mac Pro 12-core (2010). I fought with that problem for some time when I first installed the card, so it's not the other manufacturers who are in the spotlight here, it's Apple.

Mountain Lion broke, like, everything that was good about my machine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.