Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi App?

Can anyone advise on a simple app for playing midi files on a midi instrument over an iRig interface please? I want to be able to import standard midi files that I've created using a midi sequencer on a PC to my iPad to create a music library for playing on a Yamaha Disklavier. At the moment if I try to load midi files onto the iPad in iTunes I just get a blocking error message saying that there's nothing on the iPad to support the file format. Will I be able to copy midi files across in iTunes once a compatible app has been loaded? If not, how do I import the files?

Many thanks, I'd be spending a fortune on apps on trial and error basis.

Deckie.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 5:20 AM

Did you try Sweet MIDI player; http://itunes.apple.com/app/sweet-midi-player/id477678002?alreadyRedirected=1&mt =8

You can also do a search in the App Store for MIDI player.

2 replies

Jul 29, 2012 11:28 AM in response to HereIsTom

Many thanks HereIsTom.

I had looked at several free players on the App Syore but although these would load midi files they had to have been created by the app itself, they wouldn't import general midi files created externally (like little midi machine and iRig MIDI Recorder). The Genome app says you can import midi files but it's not clear whether they have to have been created by Genome.

Had a look at Sweet MIDI player but think I'll go with Symphonix Evolution which is a bit cheaper and looks very comprehensive and intuitive (only the demo version of Sweet MIDI player is free which apparently only plays part of the sequence).

Derek

Midi App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.