Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update my iPhoto and iMovie! Always pop up a window says "you have updates available for other accounts; To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it."

User uploaded fileHow could I update my apps with my only apple account?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 4:52 AM

16 replies

Aug 3, 2012 12:28 PM in response to landyanan

App Store uses Spotlight to locate applications. You only need to re-index your drive for App Store to recognize your account.

Go to Sys Prefs > Spotlight and drag your drive into the Privacy pane (or if it's already in the Privacy pane, select it) and then click the minus sign to remove it.

Spotlight indexes applications quickly, so you won't have to wait until your entire drive is indexed before going back to the app Store to download your updates.

Aug 3, 2012 1:02 PM in response to Tuttle

I just put my HD in the privacy pane of Spotlight, restarted the computer, and removed it from the privacy pane. When I search for updates, the updates do not appear. I opened iPhoto and the version is 9.3 (the one in the screenshot above is 9.0.7). Apparently, the update software thinks that the programs weren't updated until after the computer was restarted. Whatever the case, I have an up-to-date version of the program.

Aug 6, 2012 1:15 PM in response to landyanan

Thanks Balll633 for the tips about the Spotlight, but I tried it and it still won't update. The iPhoto is 9.3 to begin with but the version to be updated is actually 9.3.2. I've tried logging into all my known accounts to update but no luck. I am wondering whether it has anything to do with the fact that my Mountain Lion was redeemed and not bought?

Aug 17, 2012 1:21 PM in response to landyanan

I have the same issue. I can't update to 9.3.2 from 9.3.1 buy downloading the updater from Apple because it tells me I have to do it through the Mac App Store. When I log into the Mac App store it doesn't appear under updates. It's suppose to at least show up in updates even if it uses a different account. In a corporate environment the App Store is the worst idea that Apple ever came up with.

Aug 17, 2012 5:02 PM in response to landyanan

I had this issue too after installing Mountain Lion (like others in the thread, I also just have one account/ID). The Spotlight fix didn't work. I ended up uninstalling iPhoto and iMovie and purchasing them from the App Store, hoping I'd be able to claim a refund later. It got rid of the update messages fine, but it's harder than I expected to find somewhere to ask for a refund. I can't enter a Taiwan number to call on the support site.

This is my first Mac - what with this and the ML battery bug, things aren't going as smoothly as I expected.

Can't update my iPhoto and iMovie! Always pop up a window says "you have updates available for other accounts; To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.