Skip navigation

Issues when upgrading to Mountain Lion

457 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2012 2:27 AM by rufinov RSS
John Caradimas Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 29, 2012 6:02 AM

I have a Mac Mini server (mid 2010) which I tried to upgrade to Mountain Lion, from Lion Server.

My user folders are in an external disk, let's call it UserHomes.

As recommended, I first installed the standard Mountain Lion which creates am unusual problem. In /Network/Servers, in Lion, there were two entires one with the server short name (let's call it family) and one with the complete name, say family.example.com. Both these entries were links to /. Like:

family -> /

family.example.com -> /

When I upgraded to Mountain Lion, in that directory /Network/Servers there is only one entry as below:

family.example.com

with a subdirectory in it, Volumes, and only one of my disks in it, UserHomes, with nothing in it.

In other words, the links to the / are not there, and the Volumes subdir (which is not supposed to be there) contains only one of my disks as a subdir with nothing in it.

The UserHomes disk is on a 1GB WesternDigital Book disk, connected via Firewire to the Mini.

Has anyone seen such behavior before??

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.