Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XDCAM EX -> DV PAL 4/3 letterbox

Hello,

For a television I will shoot with EX1 camera in HD 1920x1080 50i. The editing in FCP 7 will be done on HD too. For the broadcast I must deliver a file in DV PAL 4/3 with letterbox. What is the best workflow to achieve this with the best quality?

Thank you very much for your advices.

Yann

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 9:01 AM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2012 9:08 AM in response to Anne Monbaron

There are lots of ways to work, but I'd suggest you edit natively and when finished export a selfcontained qt with current settings. You bring this file into compressor and then apply the DV PAL preset. I think it should automatically letterbox it, but it's possible you may need to customize the preset and adjust the settings in the geometry panel. Post back if there's a problem and we can figure this out.

I'd advise doing a short test NOW to test the workflow before you dig yourself too deep a hole.

Jul 29, 2012 9:24 AM in response to Michael Grenadier

Michael Grenadier wrote:

I think it should automatically letterbox it, but it's possible you may need to customize the preset and adjust the settings in the geometry panel.

Hello Michael,

I already try to do like you suggest, unfortunately Compressor do not add the letterbox. The output is a squeezed 4/3 video. I try to change some settings but without success... :-( I will very happy if someone can give me the settings to change for the DV PAL 4:3 presets.

Best regards

Yann

XDCAM EX -> DV PAL 4/3 letterbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.