Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NAConnectToServerSync failed with error

Hi all,

since i upgraded to ML on my MBA the automatic (hourly, daily,...) Backups on my TimeCapsule doesn't work. When i start a manuall backup Time Machine (i have choosen my TC to be the only backup-destination, no rotating backups with another disk) works fine and the backup is done without any errors.

But the next time when an automatic backup should be taken, it occurs with the error "Backup Disk is not available", in the System Log it looks like this:

com.apple.backupd: NAConnectToServerSync failed with error: 2 for url afp://<myuser>; AUTH=SRP@Time-Capsule.local/HDD;AUTH=SRP@TC

com.apple.backupd: Backup failed with error: 19

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 12:47 PM

Well, I was hoping for a networking guru to leap in with a magical answer. 😉

Even asked one directly; no help.

So, all I can suggest is the usual "grab bag" -- hopefully one will do it:

• Re-select the TC via TM Preferences.

• If that doesn't help, do a "full reset" of Time Machine, per #A4 in Time Machine - Troubleshooting.

• Reset the TC. I think a "hard reset" is what you want. See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3728

• If stil no help, power your Mac and Time Capsule down. Leave them off for several minutes. Power the TC back up first. Wait several minutes, then power up your Mac.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2012 12:47 PM in response to lexontuxi

Well, I was hoping for a networking guru to leap in with a magical answer. 😉

Even asked one directly; no help.

So, all I can suggest is the usual "grab bag" -- hopefully one will do it:

• Re-select the TC via TM Preferences.

• If that doesn't help, do a "full reset" of Time Machine, per #A4 in Time Machine - Troubleshooting.

• Reset the TC. I think a "hard reset" is what you want. See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3728

• If stil no help, power your Mac and Time Capsule down. Leave them off for several minutes. Power the TC back up first. Wait several minutes, then power up your Mac.

NAConnectToServerSync failed with error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.