Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Update help me please......

I am looking to update iPhoto to Aperture. However, Aperture requires MAC OSx v 10.7.4 or later. What steps do I need to take in order for me to upgrade my current MACOS v 10.6.8 to 10.7.4? And, is Aperture worth buying?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 9:03 AM

To update to 10.7 from 10.6.8 you need a Mac App store account, login to the MAS and find Lion or Mountain Lion and purchase and download. Before installing the software, it will be in your Applications folder, make a copy of the installer in another folder...the last step in the installation is to erase the installer. Having another copy saves you the trouble of another time consuming download.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2012 9:03 AM in response to Wilmic

To update to 10.7 from 10.6.8 you need a Mac App store account, login to the MAS and find Lion or Mountain Lion and purchase and download. Before installing the software, it will be in your Applications folder, make a copy of the installer in another folder...the last step in the installation is to erase the installer. Having another copy saves you the trouble of another time consuming download.

OS Update help me please......

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.