Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages and iCloud and Lion

Mac App Store represents that Pages 4.2 can sync with iCloud under OS X10.7.4.

I'm running Pages 4.2 in OS 10.7.4 and it clearly cannot.

So am I doing something wrong or Apple wrong and Mountain Lion is required for iCloud sync?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 2:09 PM

4 replies

Jul 30, 2012 2:35 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Yeah, I'm sure you're right -- but that isn't what Apple's representing. The way I read, for example, the Pages page at the App Store is that the latest versions of Pages and Lion get you the full syncing like other services offer. Except the fact appears to be it doesn't. Apple's now 0 for 2 on the accuracy front. Disappointing.

Jul 30, 2012 5:26 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks, Tom; that extra-fine type is the only place it's indicated. Neither the full description nor the What's New part of the page makes that clear. Then when you look at the requirements, it references 10.7.4, not ML. And if it was on the main Apple site's Pages page, it was well hidden.

In the case of the current version of Pages: If the full benefits of the application's only available with the current OS, you make it clear and obvious.

As alluded earlier, Apple exercised the same ineptitude by failing to make it absolutely clear what hardware actually could run Mountain Lion.

Sad and annoying.

Pages and iCloud and Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.