Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

merging two accounts

Back in the day when I first downloaded iTunes and made a user account I was using an @live email address. After iCloud came out I created an @me account and have been using that ever since. At somepoint in the process it joined the two email address so when I login using either address, it recognizes one singular account. However, it still uses my @live address as my primary email. My @live address is no longer active and I would like to replace it with my @me address. But for whatever reason it will not allow this.

This is the message I receive when I try to change the email:

"You cannot change this Apple ID to use an existing MobileMe email address. If you would like to use your MobileMe account you can cancel and Sing In using your MobileMe account information. The email address you entered is already associated with an Apple ID. If it is yours, you can cancel and sign in using that Apple ID."

The problem is that regardless of which address I use to sign in with it takes me to the same account with the @live as my primary.

How do I remove my @live and replace it with my @me?

Best,

NICK

OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 3:06 PM

There are no replies.

merging two accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.