Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my shuffle is blinking orange and won't charge

My ipod shuffle is blinking orange and won't charge.

iPod shuffle, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 3:49 PM

9 replies

Jul 30, 2012 2:44 AM in response to Courtneysmom

Blinking orange means "do not disconnect." It may or may not be fully charged.

If you have the shuffle set to Manually manage music or Enable disk use, the light will blink orange until you eject the shuffle. This is because, with those setting, the system has continuous access to the iPod (as a "disk"), so the iPod is technically "in use," even if it is just sitting there.

To eject the shuffle, there is a small eject button (it has a triangle with a line under it) next to the shuffle's name in the iTunes sidebar (under DEVICES). Click that button to eject the shuffle. If the battery is fully charged, the lighit should turn solid green (not blinking). Not blinking means "OK to disconnect" it from computer.

Sep 1, 2015 9:33 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

I have the same problem. I disconnected it with the computer and try to charge it using an adapter, i left it all night and when I woke up it is still in solid orange. I tried to listen to music but it does not work. I remember before it came like this, when you open the iPod there is a green light and it blinks whenever you change the music you're listening to but in my case it doesn't have a light anymore. Do you have an idea on how can I fix this? It's been months and I can't fix it.

my shuffle is blinking orange and won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.