Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb since moving off of MM problems

I have a folder for my iWeb blog on my godaddy server but every time I update it wants to replace the entire blog file. It says:

"A folder with the name "pbp" already exists on the server. Do you want to replace it?

Replacing it will completely overwrite the current contents of the folder on the server."

Is there a trick to making it only replace what has changed?

http://www.patrickbennett.com/blog/pbp/pbpblog/pbpblog.html

Thanks for any clues.....

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), On a Mac since '87

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 4:37 PM

15 replies

Jul 30, 2012 6:07 AM in response to Wyodor

Yes Wyodor, that's a problem. That's the old MM address and it's on all of my pages, do you know of a "search and replace" tool? I can't imagine having to one by one change the address.

Roddy & Cyclosaurus: I'm trying to follow your "tips". You seem to be poking at each other and not at me, I've only been on iWeb making a blog since Jan of 2006, about the day it was released, but don't delve into it any deeper than I have time for.

I am uploading via iWeb ftp and have the root folder set to my root folder of my main site:

(now this won't let me upload images) Under Website URL I have: http://www.patrickbennett.com

Should that be a different root folder?

I've always been puzzled as to why the site address has double names like pbp/pbpblog/pbpblog.html but am guessing it is folder/document related.

Again, thanks for any clues.

Jul 30, 2012 8:11 AM in response to PatrickV

That's the old MM address and it's on all of my pages, do you know of a "search and replace" tool? I can't imagine having to one by one change the address.

I can see it only on this page :

http://www.patrickbennett.com/blog/pbp/pbpblog/pbpblog.html

Yes, I can imagine doing it on all pages. Sometimes I have to do it on hundreds of pages.

Once I noticed a shift of 1 pixel on a page. Checked 200 pages to see what was wrong. Turned out that the wrong page was the correct one. Changed a style in a css file and all pages were correct from then on. Took me 2 days to find out.

Did you see me cry for help in forums?

Jul 30, 2012 9:41 AM in response to Wyodor

I started going through other pages and found the correct, updated, address in those links. Could've sworn that didn't happen previously when I had to change links.

Nope, I've never seen you cry for help in the forums. I thought that was precisely why forums were set up for in the first place, to cry for help then get help. Thanks for the help.

Nov 12, 2013 3:04 PM in response to atobteam

I did but I haven't been using iWeb much in the past year. I was having the issue of changing a web link and found that it would indeed change them sitewide. Just got this though, RAGE has some iWeb software, haven't even had a chance to look at it yet but timely that it came minutes after you asked this.

http://www.everwebapp.com/?utm_source=RAGE+Software+Newsletter&utm_campaign=3922 183718-EverWeb_1_0_iWeb_Users11_11_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0e00cd5f08-3 922183718-80237002

Dec 9, 2013 10:37 AM in response to Cyclosaurus

Hi, Cyclosaurus,

I'm an old holdout on iWeb, still using it in November 2013. Since the Mavericks upgrade (I'm pretty sure that's when my problem started), after I publish, save, and quit, when I open iWeb up again, all the pages are red (on the leftside menu of pages), as if they're all changed and unpublished, even though neither is true. That's fine, but then when I make changes in iWeb and go to "Publish Site Changes," iWeb connects with my web hosting service and then gives me this message: "A folder with the name "Site" [this is my website's name in iWeb] already exists on the server. Do you want to replace it? Replacing it will completely overwrite the current contents of the folder on the server." Then I have the options of "replace" and "cancel." When I click "replace," iWeb uploads my entire website to the server again, and not just the parts that are changed. It's like, somehow, my web hosting service is making no connection to me as it used to. That is, it's treating me and my new content like it's all brand new and foreign. This is problematic because I have lots of video and audio content on my site, so the publishing of the whole site takes hours and hours. Once it's published, all's well online with my site, but how do I get iWeb to not republish the whole site again?

Maybe my site structure is broken, like you mentioned above. If that's so, how do I fix the site structure? Thanks!

iWeb since moving off of MM problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.