Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AMDS problem

I couldnt connect my iphone to my pc.

I found that the AMDS wasnt starting. I tried to start it and got error 1053

Then I went throught the process of uninstalling itunes and all related software via the apple support instructions http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925. I was able to uninstall everying via step 1.

Everything was going well then I got to step 2.9. [Right-click the Apple folder (if it exists) and select Delete from the shortcut menu. Choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion]. An error occurred and I was given the message "Cannot delete AppleMobileDeviceService_main.ddl: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

I figured I would try to reinstall without worring about the issue. When I tried to install itunes it said that I do not have access to the AMDS folder.

How do I fix this?

PC-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:35 PM

An error occurred and I was given the message "Cannot delete AppleMobileDeviceService_main.ddl: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

That one's consistent with disk/file damage. The first thing I'd try with that is running a disk check (chkdsk) over your C drive.

XP instructions in the following document: How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP

Vista instructions in the following document: Check your hard disk for errors

Windows 7 instructions in the following document: How to use CHKDSK (Check Disk)

Select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors, or use chkdsk /r (depending on which way you decide to go about doing this). You'll almost certainly have to schedule the chkdsk to run on startup. The scan should take quite a while ... if it quits after a few minutes or seconds, something's interfering with the scan.

Does the chkdsk find/repair any damage? If so, can you get an install to go through properly afterwards?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2012 7:35 PM in response to annabeth1990

An error occurred and I was given the message "Cannot delete AppleMobileDeviceService_main.ddl: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

That one's consistent with disk/file damage. The first thing I'd try with that is running a disk check (chkdsk) over your C drive.

XP instructions in the following document: How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP

Vista instructions in the following document: Check your hard disk for errors

Windows 7 instructions in the following document: How to use CHKDSK (Check Disk)

Select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors, or use chkdsk /r (depending on which way you decide to go about doing this). You'll almost certainly have to schedule the chkdsk to run on startup. The scan should take quite a while ... if it quits after a few minutes or seconds, something's interfering with the scan.

Does the chkdsk find/repair any damage? If so, can you get an install to go through properly afterwards?

AMDS problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.