Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i uninstall iPhoto?

my friend screwed up my apps somehow and i have to have her password to update iPhoto and iMovie, so i deleted them both. but i need to completely uninstall both of them so i can buy them and start over. can anyone help me?? i have a MacBook Air.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 9:56 PM

6 replies

Sep 30, 2012 1:37 PM in response to ashk1

I had the same problem: several Applications preinstalled on my MacBook were somehow assigned to other person's Apple ID. I didn't even have to buy new copy, everything was solved by simply contacting App Store Support.

I wrote an inquiry in this section: https://expresslane.apple.com/Issues.action, Apps and Software -> Mac Apps -> Mac App Store -> Purchases, Billing and Redemption -> Other topic — it suggests to contact them via email, doesn't require any support account (my phone support and others have expired long ago).

In my request I just described the situation and they assigned a new iLife pack to my Apple ID for free, without asking for any documents, only macbook serial number. I just needed to follow their instructions: remove applications, some files and then install new copies from App Store. This process didn't affect any libraries, all my photos are safe and sound.

Hope, it'll work for you too!

how do i uninstall iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.