Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB ethernet adapter unrecognized under mountain lion system

Hello,

I updated my mac air to the new mountain lion system. However, when I used USB ethernet adapter, it can not be recognised. Wifi connection is still OK. And my usb stick can also be recognized. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks.

felia

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 2:03 AM

14 replies

Oct 6, 2012 11:24 AM in response to squainter

I think exactly as you do squainter, download it directly from ASIX Electronics.

Product family: USB 2.0 to fast Ethernet

Product name: AX88772

URL: http://www.asix.com.tw/download.php?sub=downloadsearch&PSNoID=101

I installed it and my AppleUSBEthernet started to work.

The error i had (sudo dmesg):

AppleUSBEthernet::monitorLinkStatus - Link down, Device b470200

0 0 AppleUSBEthernet: monitorLinkStatus - Link partner register is bad, re-trying...

0 0 AppleUSBEthernet: monitorLinkStatus - Link partner register is bad, trying to reset...

Dec 25, 2012 11:35 PM in response to ma7t

ma7t wrote:

http://driversworld.us/app/driver/?id=127149#

This driver works! My USB - Ethernet adapter is now working on my Mid 2011 MBA

Thanks for the link ma7t!

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit via Bootcamp on my Late 2010 MacBook Air (OS X 10.8.2). Wireless connectivity was fine, but I had an important video conference call and wanted to ensure a solid, Ethernet connection. I connected my Apple Ethernet USB Adapter and booted into Windows but Windows didn't recognize it...gave an error that the needed driver wasn't installed.

I downloaded the zip file from the recommended website and after unzipping it found that it's a DMG (not .exe) file. So I copied it to a USB thumb drive, rebooted into OS X, opened and installed it from the thumb drive. I didn't receive any warnings and it installed successfully.

I connected the Apple Ethernet USB Adapter again, rebooted into Windows and it immediately recognized the adapter and gave me a solid Ethernet connection after I turned my WiFi connection off.

So far no ill affects to either OS.

Thanks again!

USB ethernet adapter unrecognized under mountain lion system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.