Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion Server calendar service not working after upgrade

I bought Mountain Lion Server yesterday, and since then my calendar service is not working.

Everyting seems nice in the server app and when I try to connect any other mac to the calendar service via the system preferences (adding a OS X Server account and checking the calendar service).

But when I start calendar on the client I get the following error:

"The server responded with '500' to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation".

If i try to open the calendar via the web server, I can login but only the message "Unable to access calendar, because an error occurred." is shown over the calendar view.

Any ideas of what the issue can be?

All other services is working properly (contacts, dns, file sharing and websites)

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 2:17 AM

12 replies

Aug 7, 2012 7:51 AM in response to einord

I am getting that same message and when I check the iCal Server error log it's throwing the following exception:

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] [-] [twext.web2.server#error] [Failure instance: Traceback: <class 'twistedcaldav.instance.InvalidOverriddenInstanceError'>:

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/method/report_calendar_query.py:158:queryCalendarObjectResource

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/method/report_common.py:195:responseForHref

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/method/report_common.py:265:propertyListForResource

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/twis ted/internet/defer.py:1187:unwindGenerator

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] --- <exception caught here> ---

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/twis ted/internet/defer.py:1045:_inlineCallbacks

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/method/report_common.py:348:_namedPropertiesForResource

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/datafilters/calendardata.py:70:filter

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/datafilters/calendardata.py:126:expandRecurrence

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/ical.py:978:expand

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/ical.py:1063:expandTimeRanges

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/ical.py:1092:expandSetTimeRanges

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/instance.py:147:expandTimeRanges

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/instance.py:224:_addOverrideEventComponent

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twist edcaldav/instance.py:349:_addOverrideComponent

2012-08-07 08:33:01-0600 [-] [caldav-1] ]

And the Web Server Error Log is showing:

[Tue Aug 07 08:29:47 2012] [error] [client 10.0.0.160] (70014)End of file found: proxy: error reading status line from remote server localhost:8443, referer: https://xxxx/wiki/projects/employeeresources/calendar

[Tue Aug 07 08:29:47 2012] [error] [client 10.0.0.160] proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by /calendars/__uids__/wiki-employeeresources/, referer: https://xxxx/wiki/projects/employeeresources/calendar

Message was edited by: Critforce

Aug 8, 2012 1:16 PM in response to Critforce

@ Critforce and Einord.

I was having the same problem, my wiki wasn't even recognized by the new ML server. So I did a full clean install, reconfigured everything and finally realized that calendar was not in the wiki anymore but a standalone that should be configured as a Webdav (actually Caldav).

I do not know if there is some way to migrate the old calendar (wiki) in it and hope we will find some answers to that in the (very) near future.

Aug 14, 2012 1:18 PM in response to einord

I had the same problem when I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3398078?tstart=0). Nothing that I tried fixed the situation. There were 88 comments and counter comments to my question, but nothing resolved the issue. I gave up and reinstalled the server with a clean install from scratch. After the clean install everything worked perfectly fine, I did nothing whatsoever to "customise" the new server. Two weeks ago I upgraded to Mountain Lion, with exactly the same result. Everything is working except addressbook and calendar (I do not use much more).

My suggestion, based on this previous experience, would be to roll back, if you can, find a way to export your contacts, calendar entries, other stuff and do a clean install. How to export / import what you need, I have no idea, the address book seems simple as there are vcard files saved somewhere on the server.

Last time the upgrade also screwed up time machine so a roll back was not possible either.

I guess an option would be to try the clever suggestion the experts had at the time, they might actually help this time, who knows.

I hope things work out for you or a neat solution is coming forward.

Aug 27, 2012 1:30 PM in response to einord

I have this same problem after upgrading to Mountain Lion Server - the wikis work fine, but our Calendar yields the following error:

Unable to access calendar, because an error occured.

Also, I now have to enter my credentials twice to get to our wiki. Once on the main page, then after I select a wiki from the list I'm asked for the login credentials again.

Frustrating.

John

Sep 5, 2012 8:05 AM in response to einord

@Everyone.

Short of it: I used iCal to migrate all the appointments to a new Wiki calendar. Did not reinstall. Deleted old wiki and the error messages went away.

1. Add existing shared wiki calendars to iCal

2. Backup each shared calendar to it's own file.

3. Hide all but one original shared calendar at a time.

4. Shift-Click all the appointements for a single month or week.

5. Use the drop down menu to swtich them over to a new shared calendar on the new wiki.

6. Go do something else and give the server plenty of time to move the appointments, and they iCal to download the new appointments so you see them in the new calendar.

7. Rinse and repeat.

I think the whole process took about 3 hours but the procedure is pretty quick so move some, work on other stuff for a while, move some more, work on other stuff etc...

I couldn't afford to reinstall the server, too much setup to go through. So to solve the problem I created a new Wiki with it's own calendar. To move the millions of appointments, I added each of the shared calendars to iCal and created the same number of shared calendars on the new wiki. Then in iCal I did a shift click on the existing schedules and just switched them to one of the new shared calendars. There were five calendars with appointments scheduled every day up through December 31, 2012. So it took quite a while for the appointments to synch with the server but they did eventually all move over. I moved them from one calendar to the next a month at a time. iCal will tell you that it is updating, so don't get impatient or else you will end up with duplicate or triplicate appointments.

Warning: I had a few minutes of panic when all the old appointments dissapeared from one of the shared calendars but did not appear in the new calendar. They weren't in the wiki calendar or my iCal so I was freaking out a bit, but eventually they started showing back up in iCal. It just took longer than I thought it should.

Message was edited by: Critforce

Sep 21, 2012 5:41 AM in response to John Dasher

John,

Well enabling the SSL fixed most everything except.....

Now some Windows users when they login to the web calendar they get the usual login but then I get more of an Apache web login screen that the username and passord does not work. Then the calendar will not load. It is almost like the webserver is requiring authentication. I went to the Websites server control and SSL site allows Anybody to access it.

Thougths?

Thanks

Thom

Mountain Lion Server calendar service not working after upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.