Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Snow Flake" G3 iMac upgrade project questions

So Ive recently aquired a "Snow Flake" G3 iMac & I've decided to make it my little upgrade project

My end result is to gut it completelly & put a mac mini & a LCD screen inside it, but for now im going to do a few small things...

Has anyone successfully guttered one before & used a mac mini & lcd screen in a G3 iMac shell before?

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:55 AM

Yes, it's been done several different ways, with result ranging from so-so to spectacular. Not much mention of "Mac-modding" around here but there are a number of sites with project reviews, Q&A and how-tos.

Paste this search string into any search engine and you'll see a number of articles on the subject:

mod imac g3

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2012 7:55 AM in response to DJstylus

Yes, it's been done several different ways, with result ranging from so-so to spectacular. Not much mention of "Mac-modding" around here but there are a number of sites with project reviews, Q&A and how-tos.

Paste this search string into any search engine and you'll see a number of articles on the subject:

mod imac g3

"Snow Flake" G3 iMac upgrade project questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.