5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 7:27 PM by Jessica Cochran
Jessica Cochran Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Since I upgraded to Mountain Lion something very annoying is happening to me. When I minimize my apps they do not minimize into their respective Icons??? They were before the upgarde, I checked in Dock Preferences and i have the radio checked for Minimize windows into application icon but this is not happening.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is actually happening on my Mac Mini as well as my Macbook Pro since the update. I have tried unchecking rebooting and checking again as well.

Thank you very much

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion
  • Ryn0 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same issue.  Pretty annoying.  Checking/Unchecking the box doesn't make a difference.

• RGB33 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Just finished at 12.00 noon instaling Mtn Lion. Icons in the dock are the very same. I checked to see if I could change size,hide and all works the same as before. So far I have not run into any problems that have been discussed, of course I have my fingers crossed as I type this.

• Jessica Cochran Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

The only way I solved it was to do a fresh clean install of Mountain Lion :-( I did notice that my MacBook Pro was operating as it should but not the mini so I don't know if something went wrong with the update or what but I started fresh and it's working right now :-(

• Ryn0 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Did you backup and restore from Time Machine when you did a fresh install?

• Jessica Cochran Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I did a complete fresh install to be safe I backed up my files and made a list of my apps and pulled the plug :(